You will have 60-75 minutes with me, during which our goals will be:
- To hear the full story of what is going on and what we can do together in order to help you.
- I want to hear what, how and when, and other details related to your concerns.
- I need to know your past medical history, including any prior evaluations.
- Old records are helpful, especially actual radiographs (xrays, MRIs, etc.), other diagnostic studies, and reports of procedures, including operative reports.
- To assess current health status with examination.
- To collaboratively develop a strategy aimed at wellness. We are looking for the ROOT causes of your issues.
- Education is provided regarding current impressions and why.
- You and I will discuss optional therapies and choices.
- I may initiate further evaluations, if needed.
- You and I will establish follow up plans.
- You should have take-home education on what you can do to help yourself right away.
- To start treatment of any pain concern, I generally begin with hands-on release of tension patterns through osteopathic manual therapies at the time of our first encounter.
- Acupuncture is one of the optional tools for treatment, and, due to time constraints, is usually deferred until our second encounter.
Please wear or bring loose, comfortable clothing that allows movement and ready access for examination.
When I’m not getting better, I ask myself: So why don’t I go to the one person who always figures out what’s wrong with me? Dr. Fishburn, you work your magic!
I complement you on your complete explanation of my condition and the many options available to me. During my visit, you focused on me, your patient, and my situation and I felt that you were thorough in your examination and unhurried. This is a refreshing change from many medical visits I have had in recent times.
I always learn something good from you.
I have so much peace of mind having you and your guidance. For the first time in my life, aside from my chiropractor, I feel like I have a doctor who listens, understands the body in a holistic way, and knows how to help me instead of giving me pills, doing surgeries, or leaving me feeling frustrated and sick. I feel so blessed to have found you!
You restore more than my body.
Trusting a doctor does not come easily to a guy who has had doctors misdiagnose him or recommend self-serving treatments, but I implicitly trust Dr. Fishburn. Her insight goes beyond the intellectual medical symptom analysis and diagnosis. You know with your heart that Dr. Fishburn has tuned into your body, mind and spirit. I feel gotten and understood … Healing requires letting go of old patterns of posture, belief, and life routine. She nurtures away your fear so that it is easier to take a leap you know needs to be done to move forward. Dr. Fishburn is very real, present, and wise about what I need for healing. Every encounter with Dr. Fishburn is a gift.
You are a REAL doctor. You care about people.
I’m 94 years old! I credit you for my ability to enjoy my old age. You put me on the road to recovery, and eased my pain.
We do accept some insurances, on a fee for service basis.
Insurances accepted include:
- Worker’s Compensation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (with some exceptions)
- We do not participate with any HMOs, including Blue Choice
- Ask us if you have something else