- To hear the full story of what is going on and what we can do to help you.
- We want to hear what, how and when, and other details related to your concerns.
- We need to know your past medical history, including any prior evaluations.
- Old records are helpful, especially actual radiographs (xrays, MRIs, etc.), other diagnostic studies, and reports of procedures, including operative reports.
- To assess current health status with examination.
- To collaboratively develop a strategy aimed at wellness.
- Education is provided regarding current impressions and why.
- We will discuss optional therapies and choices.
- We may initiate further evaluations, if needed.
- We will establish follow up plans.
- You should have take-home education on what you can do to help yourself right away.
- To start treatment, usually beginning with hands-on release of tension patterns through osteopathic manual therapies, if applicable.
Acupuncture is one of the optional tools for treatment, and, due to time constraints, is usually deferred until our second encounter.
Please wear or bring loose, comfortable clothing that allows movement and ready access for examination.